Corsair Padlock 2Apr 3rd, 2010 | By Simon
Before we get into the review, let’s see what has to say about the Padlock 2.
The Corsair Flash Padlock® 2 is perfect for transporting and protecting your sensitive business or personal information. With built-in 256-bit hardware data encryption, and access limited by a PIN, you can rest assured your information is safe from unintentional viewing. Built with the same ruggedized rubber housing found on the Corsair Flash Voyager family for durability, your data is protected from the elements as well.
Because the PIN keypad is integrated directly onto the flash drive, there is no software to install. Simply enter your own Personal Identification Number and your data is unlocked for use on virtually any PC operating system: Windows, OS X, or Linux—even game consoles. Without the PIN, your information stays secure and inaccessible.
- Secure: Hardware 256-bit encryption secures your data
- Protection: Your own 4-10 digit PIN protects and locks access to the Flash Padlock 2
- Capacity: Large 8GB storage gives you ample room to store all your sensitive documents, or up to 2,480 images, or up to 2,000 songs
- Compatible: No software to install — Works on Windows, Mac or Linux based computers — Plug & Play compatible with virtually any USB port
- Hacking Detection: Multiple failed entries locks device for 2 minutes to prevent repeated attempts to access data
- Drive Recovery: If you lose your PIN, you can reset the Flash Padlock to its factory default state, securely erasing all data from the drive
- Confidence: Protected by a limited 10 year warranted and backed by Corsair’s renowned customer service and support
The drive looks promising for those with sensitive data. Let’s see what’s in the box!