Corsair Force Series F180 180GB SSDJan 27th, 2011 | By Simon
Heading over to we can find the specifications and features for the .
Based on the latest SandForce controller, the Corsair Force Series Solid-State Drive offers stutter-free response, fast performance, cooler and quieter operations for your notebook, netbook, and desktop PC.
For maximum performance for the ultimate system. The Corsair Force Series SSD product line offers the highest performance in Read/Write speeds of up to a maximum read speed of 285MB/s and write speed of 275MB/s. If speed is what you are looking for and what you expect from your performance or gaming system the Corsair Force Series SSD’s are the perfect choice.
Based on the SandForce controller, the Corsair Force Series SSD’s are the ultimate performance drive. Your system will start-up faster, applications and games will load quicker and you will see a huge improvement in overall system responsiveness. The Corsair Force Series SSD is the ultimate SSD for your demanding storage requirements.
- Fast Performance—Games, applications and files load faster, while your system is more responsive
- Compatible—Proven technology with installations on tens of thousands of systems worldwide
- Flexible use—2.5″ form factor for your notebook or netbook needs, or use with included 3.5″ bracket for your desktop computer
- Silent operation—No moving parts means zero noise and high reliability
- Low Power—Extend battery life for notebook and netbook users
- Reliable—Over 1,000,000 hours mean time between failures
- Backed by Corsair—A respected name with a passion for great service and support
- Maximum sequential read speed 285MB/second
- Maximum sequential write speed 275 MB/second
- Random 4K write performance of 50,000 IOPS (4K aligned)
- Latest generation SandForce controller and MLC NAND flash for fast performance
- Internal SATA II connectivity
- TRIM support (O/S support required)
- No moving parts for increased durability and reliability and quieter operations over standard hard disk drives
- Decreased power usage for increased notebook or netbook battery life
- 2.5″ form factor for your portable computer needs
- Included 2.5″ to 3.5″ bracket for installation on your desktop computer
- Three year warranty
The Corsair F180 uses the , a client SSD Processor as opposed to the more expensive enterprise version. Here’s a little background information:
SandForce SF-1200 SSD Processors enable standard Flash memory to reliably operate in cost and power sensitive client computing environments. The SF-1200 is a true single-chip SSD Processor designed for volume manufacturing and outstanding performance. Innovative DuraClass™ technology delivers world class reliability, endurance, performance and power consumption.
Endurance and Longevity
As each generation of Flash memory evolves and the silicon geometries shrink – performance, reliability, endurance, and data retention are negatively impacted. DuraWrite technology extends the life of the SSD over conventional controllers, by optimizing writes to the Flash memory and delivering a write amplification below 1, without complex DRAM caching requirements.
Performance and Power Optimization
SSDs are capable of significantly outperforming traditional HDDs, but typical controllers haven’t delivered the compelling value necessary for mainstream adoption. SandForce DuraClass technology enables the SSD to maximize both the endurance and performance for the life of the drive fulfilling the promise of high speed Flash memory in client computing applications and improving system performance by up to 50% as measured by the SYSmark™ Benchmark.
Client Computing Security
The SF-1200 has built in AES-128 bit encryption controllable by a configurable user password. This feature prevents would-be thieves from extracting data directly from the Flash memory should they ever have access to the drive.
Data Protection and Reliability
SF-1200 SSD Processors provide up to 100x greater data protection than today’s SSDs, and leading enterprise HDDs. This is a result of superior ECC protection and unique RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) technology. RAISE provides the protection and reliability of RAID on a single drive without the significant write overhead.
The Sandforce-based drive has a lot of offer and thanks to it we’re miles ahead of where we were with the first SSD drives that hit the market a few years back.